Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 9 March 1980

HOW TO GET ALONG BETTER WITH PEOPLE

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave). 

9 Mar 1980

Dear Shop Supervisor:             

HOW TO GET ALONG BETTER WITH PEOPLE


Some nineteen  years ago, Mr.  Gunner Hansen,  (the then GM -Manufacturing,   Powai)  presented   a  book   to  me  titled 'Business  is people'.   I was one  of the  20-odd people who received  this  gift.   Powai  was  a  small place   then and everyone knew everyone else.

Today, Powai has grown so big  that even people who travel by the same bus and  eat in the same Canteen for  years together do not know each other.   The problem, of 'getting along with people' has never been more acute.
'Business is  people' continues to  inspire me even  now (the book is out  of print but we  have two copies  in our Central Library).

Enclosed  find  a copy  of  'How  to  get along  better  with people'  (written by the same  author) which is  equally good and I hope it will inspire you  now and for years to come, in your dealings with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment