Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 17 November 1986

PROJECT WARM

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave). 

17 NOV 1986

To:
All Personnel Officers (Powai + Madh)

Do Personnel Officers have any role to play in the Project WARM?

Of course, that would depend upon your knowledge of

-      What is PROJECT WARM
-      What is it trying to accomplish

Considering that the project was first announced as far back as March 1980, these may seem like silly questions!. But if you don't know, don't feel shy to come and ask me.  Feeling shy is worse than feeling silly!

One  look at  the ACTION-PLANS,  framed  on the  walls  of my cabin, would  be sufficient  to answer these  questions.  But you  are always  welcome  to join  me for  lunch  (check with Cynthia one day in advance) and seek further clarifications.

But the more important question is:

"What is your role in this project as a Personnel  Officer?"

That,  I am afraid,  I cannot answer ! You must answer  that yourself.

Your  'role' is what  you make  it out  to be.  You alone  can decide the depth  of your involvement.   You could choose  to be  a passive  bystander  or you  could  choose  to  play  the centre-field:  It is all up to  YOU  !!

When we  meet on 9-1-87 at  3 pm,   I would like  each one  of you to tell me

-      to what extent you have decided to get involved   personally
-      What "specific" action-plan you have drawn-up for  
yourself, to  follow during 1987 (New-Year's   Resolution .! ).

In  the meantime,  if you  have  not already  seen the  film "People  and Productivity  : We  learn  from  the Japanese", I suggest you do.

With kind regards,

H.C. PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment