Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 24 June 1984

PRODUCTIVITY IN P-PACK

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave).

24 Jun 1984

To:
My dear Nakhate
(Union Joint Secretary)

PRODUCTIVITY IN P-PACK


I attended 3 shop level meetings along with you/your Gen. Secretary/Managers.

2 days back, I once again checked to find out if there is any improvement since our last meeting and I was told there is hardly any improvement!

I now get a feeling that my motivation is not working with the Shop Representatives!
But I still have hope and faith that your motivation will work !

Yours is a mass-production shop, where speed of the machine is controlling the OUTPUT - only if we can keep the machines running and feed them with raw-materials.

That is, do not let the machines STOP!

Keep them running
Keep them running
Keep them running.

Of all the departments in Powai your P-PACK is almost the only one where you have every possibility to raise the productivity by 25% (even much more) and show to the rest of Powai that when the workmen and the Joint Secretary of a department accept a challenge they can easily prove their capability.

I am sure you will accept this challenge and prove your leadership to all 7000 people at Powai.

You will have my support.

H.C. PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment