Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 22 June 1984

UNIT LEVEL PRODUCTVITY MEETINGS IN YOUR AREAS

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave).

22 Jun 1984
To:
Service Dept. Managers        
 UNIT LEVEL PRODUCTVITY MEETINGS IN YOUR AREAS
I  have,  yesterday,  personally  spoken  to  the  Union  Jt. Secretary  of  your   department  regarding  this.    He  has promised to speak to shop-reps and extend all cooperation.

It  is now upto  us to seize  the initiative  and hold  these meetings every fortnight starting at once.

The performance-ratios must  be, as far as  possible, related to an  individual's output so he  understands that he  has to produce 25% more.  Graphs  (black-boards) must be displayed -bold & prominent.


   H.C. PAREKH


No comments:

Post a Comment