Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 17 December 1986

SUGGESTION SCHEME - REPLIES TO REJECTED ONES

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave).
17 Dec 1986

To:

Suggestion Scheme Co-ordinators     

(Group-wise)

SUB: SUGGESTION SCHEME - REPLIES TO REJECTED ONES

I am  glad to find that,  starting this month  I see, in more cases a detailed explanation  on the reverse of the  formatted reply.  I wish  to assure you that  this extra effort on your part will go  a long way in  encouraging many more  suggesters to come forward with their suggestions.   PI. keep it up.

In  yesterday's  meeting  each  one  of  you  showed  various parameters  to show  how. the scheme is  doing in  your  area. Each  one of  you  had a  different  but  interesting way  of looking - measuring  the scheme.  I was quite encouraged with your analysis.  Could we synthesize  all of these in a single standard format ?  PI. try.

That brings  me back  to the question  of "Standardizing* the monthly progress  report slides.   If you apply  your mind to it, I am sure you could reach an agreement.

As far  as computerisation  is concerned, it  is high-time we put  this  project  into  the  second-gear  now !  Modh has already  got his  micro and  IRS is  getting his  today.  The rest of  you cannot  remain lagging behind.   But once  again, please  ensure COMPLETE standardization of  software &  output statements.

Last,  but  most' important,  bring  with   you  to  the  next meeting,  your   firm  committment   for  1987  TARGETS,   for Suggestions and  SAVINGS.  Bring senior  managers with you  if you like.

H.C. PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment