Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 13 January 1987

TORN NOTES IN PAY- PACKETS

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave). 

13 Jan 1987

To:
Dy. General Manager (Accounts)             

Sub:   Torn notes In Pay - Packets

In my  meeting  with Shop-Reps  today,  I was told  that  this problem has become  very acute lately  and every month dozens of workmen  are wasting hundreds-of-hours  of productive  time to queue-up before  the cashiers to change torn notes  (joined with cello-tape !) received in pay-packets.

Would you please look into this ?

Regards.

H.C. PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment