Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 28 February 1985

ARTICLE WRITTEN BY MR.CHANDRAKANT KIRLOSKAR

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave).

28 Feb 1985

To:
Dear Friends

Almost 2 months ago,  I presented to you PART-1 of an article written by Shri Chandrakant Kirloskar.
Today I present to you PART-II - the concluding part.
In this part, Mr. Kirloskar asks,  "Why have we fallen behind the advanced countries ?"
Is it because,        
u    we are fatalist by nature?
u    instead of getting rid of our 10,000 year  old social caste-system, we  have extended  it further into  the fields of education and industry?
u    we  always look-up  to either  America  or Japan  for answers to all  our problems and have  nothing in our own civilization and culture to provide such answers?
u    instead  of  being  result-oriented  we  have  become procedure-oriented?  (operation  successful  but  the patient died ! )
Mr.  Kirloskar   has  provided  some  answers   (to  his  own questions) in the-following article.
If you  too have some  answers, please do  write to  me soon, because time is running out !
But while suggesting solutions, try the following approach :         
"Dear Mr. Parekh,         
From today, I will do the following :         
1.________________________         
2.__________________________            
etc. etc.                                                                      

H.C.PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment